BBC Business News (Live) Interview
Sam is has been featured in Financial Times, Telegraph, BBC News, the Diplomat is contributes to China Daily (Hong Kong) edition as a commentator.
Recent opinions include comments on:
Sam was quoted extensively in the Daily Telegraph in November, 2016
Here is a detailed list of all media type comments and quotes.
- Beatson, S. (January 2017—forthcoming). Chinese Sesame Credits. The Conversation.
- Kynge, J. et al. for Financial Times (January, 2017—forthcoming). China as a Maritime Power (extensive quoting expected)
- Beatson, S. (16 November, 2016). Two Life Sentences & a Call to Conscience. Lead Comment in China Daily Asia (Print Edition, Hong Kong) and online. Link: http://www.chinadailyasia.com/opinion/2016-11/16/content_15527273.html
- King’s Worldwide (14 November, 2016) Delivering a short education programme. Link: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/aboutkings/worldwide/newsevents/newsrecords/Delivering-a-short-education-programme-to-the-Chinese-National-Academy-of-Education-Administration.aspx
- Ough, Tom, (30 October, 2016) Chinese investment and the fight for Australia’s largest cattle empire. In Print (Telegraph Business section) and online. Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/30/chinese-investment-and-the-fight-for-australias-largest-cattle-e/
- Beatson, S. 23 August, 2016. Mainland firms can exploit HK’s advantages for overseas acquisitions. In China Daily Asia (Print Edition, Hong Kong) and online. Link: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hkedition/2016-08/24/content_26576534.htm
- Beatson, S. (5 September, 2014). Foreign Investors in the Chinese ‘A’ Shares – China Policy Institute (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (9 November, 2012). What role can university students play in fostering the integration of the Chinese and local communities. Observations from an open space workshop held 1 November, 2012 (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (5 October, 2012). Why is the British colonial flag being raised again in Hong Kong? (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (28 August, 2012). The ‘Political Case’ of Kailai Gu. Issues, Insights & Opportunities. (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (9 August, 2012). Britain, China, Hong Kong. Three Flags. Two Nations. But Which Two Nations? (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (13 July, 2012) Normative to response to requiring Chinese pronunciation from our commentators. (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (16 May, 2012). China Vice. Is China Now the Sex Capital of Asia? (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (14 May, 2013) Taoist Humility by the Chinese Government on the Syria Issue? (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (21 January, 2013). Bull Run in China’s Equity Markets: Some reflections China. (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (8 May, 2012) Doing Business with China. Some Experiences from a British Firm. (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (1 May, 2012). Some Devil’s Advocacy. Chen Guangcheng’s Escape. (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (24 April, 2012) Can Mandarin Become Mainstream in UK Schools? (CPI)
- Beatson, S. (30 March, 2012). Apple Inc. & China’s Role In The Next Great Investment Boom. (CPI)